This research by Whydo is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission when you purchase through our links. Learn more
Why do you need a cordless drill
Whether you are a professional woodworker or are moving into your new home, a cordless drill is a must-have tool for performing drilling and driving tasks with utmost ease. In today’s fast-paced lives, every second matters. With a cordless drill at home, you will not have to call and wait for the carpenter to fix your study table or do small woodwork repairs.
A cordless drill lets you drill holes and drive screws using the same tool and you do not need a power outlet near the working space. Here are some main reasons that explain why you need a cordless drill.
1. A cordless drill is easy to use, especially because of the absence of the messy wires. You can use a cordless drill anytime, anywhere.
2. Another benefit associated with owning a cordless drill is its high portability. Compact and handy, a cordless drill can be carried anywhere with ease.
3. Since there are no cords attached, you can easily store a cordless drill anywhere around the home, workshop or your garage.
4. A cordless drill is very safe to use even if you have kids at home, as it needs not to be plugged into the switch and there are no chances of tripping risks.
Quick tips for buying a cordless drill
1. When buying a cordless drill, look out for the basic features, such as the dual-speed motor, reversible motor and an adjustable clutch.
2. Choose a cordless drill with a higher mAh rating, as this will ensure better battery life per charge.
3. Before you make the payment, hold it in your hands at different angles and over your head to check if it is comfortable to use.